What To Do Following a Motorcycle Accident?
Have you recently been in a motorcycle accident? It must have been terrible; your entire being was in shock from being propelled from the motorcycle and have most likely been injured in a horrific manner. These types of accidents cause many serious injuries and fatalities every year. It is important to know what you need to do if you are involved in a motorcycle accident. We at the Schrier Law Group want to prepare you for what is to come because you’ll most likely be in a lot of pain and suffering following the accident.
What to do After the Accident?
So, the accident just occurred, you’re processing the situation and the damage and attempting to decide what is the best move. First and foremost, seek medical attention. Make sure that there are medical professionals on their way before making any other moves.
If everyone is in a state that doesn’t require immediate medical attention, then it is important to begin gathering information immediately. Assess whether there were witnesses or not and make sure to receive their information quickly to receive a statement from them. If possible, take pictures of anything that would pertain to the accident. Pictures are the most accurate way to discern damages to the vehicles, the makes, models and license plates of the vehicles and much more. Finally, you’re going to want to wait until the police arrive so that the accident and your story is documented.
The Final Task
Your final task after an accident is to contact an attorney. It is important not to give the other participant of the accident any apologies or any signification that you are admitting fault. Your attorney will guide you through the remainder of the process.
These accidents can get extremely deadly and should be dealt with accordingly. Make sure to retrieve an attorney that knows the ins-and-outs of personal injury law. The Schrier Law Group is a team of personal injury attorneys that will aggressively represent you in a court of law. Contact us today!
Never Apologize After an Auto Accident; Here’s Why
Thousands of auto accidents happen every day throughout the United States. All of these situations are always going to have a person at fault. However, this determination over fault could be very complicated. All of it comes down to either one party admitting fault or finding out who was negligent in the accident. That is where the importance of never saying sorry following an accident. An apology is basically you declaring you are at fault. That means you are going to be responsible for the accident.
Information to Gather Following an Accident
There is a lot of things that need to be done following an auto accident. However, the information you gather at the scene of the accident is most useful in the future if a case erupts. Here is a list of information you should be gathering:
- Report the Accident to the police. After doing so, record the time, date, and parties involved.
- Obtain witness information but never admit fault. Regardless if you are at fault at not, any indication that you may have been in the wrong may be used against you in a court of law at a future date. Never apologize.
- Take pictures of the accident. Make sure to take very clear pictures of any damage to your vehicle and the other person’s vehicle. The more pictures the better. Making sure that their license plate is in at least one of the pictures is recommended as well.
- Gather personal information for the parties involved. Name, phone numbers, insurance information, license plate numbers are all very important for your insurance company.
- If you require any medical care at all, make sure to take note of all even slight injuries. If medication, treatment, or surgery is required, then you need to keep all of the bills from medical treatment. These may be compensated to you in the future.
Regardless of the accident or if you are at fault, never apologize for the incident. You will be immediately seen as the person who was most likely being negligent prior to the accident.